Monday, March 19, 2007

Welcome to the "Art by Jody Swope" Blog!

Woman & Self-Portrait in background
Medium: Colored Pencil
Copyright, Jody Swope 2007

The first part of my vision is up and running, finally! I've always been into drawing and painting but circumstances changed two years ago and I dove into drawing and am now trying my hand at painting.
With this blog, I want to showcase my latest pieces.

In the past, I mainly drew with graphite pencil and pen. Two years ago, I started using colored pencil. My first set was a cheap box of Crayola colored pencils found in most children's possessions.

I am now learning to paint on canvas using acrylics and oils. I feel that it’s only the beginning of what I want to do.

1 comment:

Ray Martinez said...

All of Jody's drawings are incredible. It's amazing how real they seem. It's like photographs. Can't believe there done with colored pencils! WOW!!! I knew Jody could draw, but this is on a whole new level. Very talented! I'm so proud and impressed.